Frequently Asked Questions
LAKE PLACID LODGE, WHISTLER RESORT
Questions About Lake Placid Lodge
How do I book?
Is there a pool and hot tub onsite?
Lake Placid Lodge has a large year-round heated outdoor pool and hot tub for your enjoyment, no matter the season.
- Summer hours 10 AM -10 PM
- Winter hours 1 PM - 10 PM
Located outside the lobby doors on the ground floor. Available for all guests to use.
What is Direct to Room Check-In?
Direct Check-in or Self-Check-in means that our owners and guests can check in online before they arrive to bypass our office.
How Does it Work?
Once you have completed your booking, an introductory email will be sent to you confirming your booking and a digital registration package that needs to be completed and sent back to us.
What's contained in the registration package?
- Your name and home address (as required by the Hotel Keepers Act).
- Supplying a credit card for the $500 security/damage deposit.
- Agreement to abide by our policies and procedures (Terms & Conditions) as highlighted in the package (ie-our, our properties are strictly no smoking, a security/damage deposit must be collected for incidentals, etc.)
- Note: failure to abide by our guidelines can result in the loss of your security/damage deposit.
- Record of all guests' names staying at our property - This is important due to following fire regulations and safety guidelines; lastly, also required by the Hotel Keepers Act.
- Registering all vehicles that may be staying on the property. For safety purposes.
Why do we do this?
Just like at regular hotel check-in, some policies are required to be followed by the Hotel Keepers Act to ensure the safety of all guests.
Once the registration package has been completed, our Team will send you a Welcome Letter which contains the door code to your rental/unit. We suggest taking a screenshot of your door codes and sending it to all guests so you can access the unit without needing WIFI. Once you receive your door codes, you're welcome to proceed straight to your unit at 4 pm on check-in day.
What time can I check in / Check out?
Check-in is any time after 4 PM. Check-out is at 10 AM.
*IMPORTANT: Failure to depart by 10 AM on the day of your check-out may result in a $250 late departure fine.
Are pets allowed?
Unfortunately, no pets are allowed in the units due to strata bylaws. We love our furry friends just as much as you and understand not wanting to leave them behind. Here are some recommended boarding kennels you can leave your pets at while on vacation.
- Alpine Dogs
- Whistler Dog Sitting
- Cozy Mountain Pet Resort, Pemberton
- Ruff Stuff Dog Services, Squamish
- Ruth’s Pet Hotel, Pemberton
For information on dog minders, check out the classifieds in Whistler’s local Newsmagazine - Pique Classifieds.
IMPORTANT: Certified guide dogs or service dogs are permitted with restrictions and additional fees regardless of strata bylaws. Read More.
Is parking free?
One underground parking bay is available to all Lake Placid guests. On arrival, you will receive your welcome letter with your common area access code.
The garage height limit is 6’ 4”. Oversized parking is available behind Lake Placid Lodge on Gondola Way.
Can I do laundry on property?
Guests are welcome to use the self-service Laundry room located next to the elevator in the underground garage. Your common area code is required to use the facilities.
Are there TVs in the rooms?
All units come with SmartTVs in the living room, and TV's in the bedrooms. Enjoy Netflix, Disney+, and so much more with access to fast-speed Wifi.
What is the minimum guest age?
Guests need to be 25 years and older to check-in. Someone over 25 must stay the entire duration of your stay should you be younger than the required age.
What is the layout of the Lodge?
- Lake Placid Lodge is located in Whistler Creekside, a 10-minute drive from the main Whistler Village.
- We offer 13 fully equipped condos.
- 8 One Bedroom units.
- 5 Two-Bedroom apartments.
- Each offers a unique view of the beautiful surrounding mountains and forests.
- All guests can enjoy our spacious common area featuring a magnificent stone fireplace. Get cozy by the fire, bring board games and challenge your friends and family, or relax on our comfy sofas with a book. This space is for your enjoyment.
Is there onsite ski and bike Storage available?
Guests have access to ski and bike storage located in the Lobby. You must use your common door access code to enter the storage room. Ski Locks are available at our centralized front desk. For your convenience, we recommend contacting our Whistler team in advance to arrange this to be left in your unit upon arrival.
What is there to do?
Lake Placid Lodge offers a year-round heated pool, hot tub, sauna, and barbeque facilities for all your grilling needs. Enjoy the premium amenities on the property or head out into Whistler Village and Creekside to explore the abundant offering of outdoor adventures and village activities.
Discover the many ways to experience the four seasons at Whistler Mountain Resort.
What’s the closest airport to the Lodge?
Whistler Resort to Vancouver International Airport is 140 km (85 miles), approximately a 2.5-hour drive.
Suppose you are travelling from Vancouver in the spring and summer seasons. In that case, you can start your Whistler adventure early and arrive by air, with the option of a Helicopter or Floatplane experience. Travel time is approximately 30 minutes from Vancouver.
When does the shuttle run?
Does the lodge have a gym onsite?
While Lake Placid Lodge does not offer an onsite gym, Whistler Creekside does have a local gym, Whistler Creek Athletic Club, only a 5-minute walk from Lake Placid Lodge and is a fully equipped gym and tanning facility.
What other Whistler resort activities are there?
Lake Placid Lodge in Creekside is the ideal place to stay and explore the best of Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains, with access to hiking, mountain biking, fishing, lakeside activities, and kayaking in the summer to tobogganing, ice skating, alpine skiing, and snowshoeing in the winter. Take advantage of our fantastic location with access to the Creekside Gondola, only a few steps away.
Feel free to contact our friendly front desk concierge in advance to confirm availability and book activities for your stay.